Bideford And District Angling Club Rules.
1. Name. The name of the Club shall be “THE BIDEFORD & DISTRICT ANGLING CLUB”.
2. Objects. The objects of the Club are to promote and foster the activities of both sea and freshwater angling. The Club is not established or to be conducted for profit and the income whence so ever derived shall be used towards the promotion of the objects of the Club and no portion thereof shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly to the Members by way of dividends or bonus or otherwise. Nothing contained in these Rules shall prevent the payment in good faith of reasonable or proper remuneration to any officer of the Club or member in return for services actually rendered.
In the event of the dissolution of the Club, any assets remaining after the satisfaction of all debts any liabilities shall not be paid to or distributed among the members of the Club, but shall be given or transferred to one or more of the following approved sporting or charitable bodies:
(a) A registered charitable organization(s).
(b) Another Club which is registered CASC (Community Amateur Sports Club).
(c) The sport’s governing national body for use by them for related community sports.
(a) There shall be no more than four Trustees of the Club. Subsequent appointments of trustees shall be by the Committee.
(b) Trustees shall hold office until death or resignation.
(c) All property of the Club, including the main savings account (except business specific accounts which shall remain under the control of the Treasurer), including leases and fishing leases shall be vested in the Trustees to be dealt with as the Committee shall from time to time direct.
(d) The Trustees shall be indemnified out of the assets of the Club against any risk and expense incurred by them in pursuance of their office.
(a) The Club shall consist of the following classes of Members:
(i) Fishing Members, Male or Female (Voting)
(ii) Junior Members (Non-Voting)
(iv) Honorary Members including Life Members (Voting)
(b) Membership in any class may be limited by Committee subject to confirmation at the next General Meeting.
5. Membership All Classes.
(a) Every candidate for Membership of the Club (all classes) shall complete an application form and submit it to the club along with full payment. Membership of the Club shall be open to all persons irrespective of ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs, or of age, sex or disability except as a necessary consequence of the requirement of Angling as a sport.
(b) The Club may refuse membership or expel from membership only for good and sufficient cause, such as conduct or character likely to bring the Club or Sport into disrepute. Appeal against such a decision may be made to the Club’s Members and decided by a majority vote.
(c) An expelled member shall forfeit all rights and privileges of membership but shall remain liable for any dues or debts to the Club which became payable or were occurred before the date of expulsion.
6. Junior Members.
(a) Junior Members are those under the age of eighteen years on the 1st January of each Club Year and will remain as a junior for that year, with the proviso that only juniors aged 16 or under on the 1st of January of each club year, are eligible to fish junior competitions during that year.
(b) Junior Members shall have no vote at a General Meeting.
7. Honorary Members. Honorary Members may be elected at any General Meeting of the Club for such a period as the meeting shall determine upon a two-thirds majority vote of the members present and voting.
8. Subscriptions. It shall become payable on application which will be discussed and agreed at AGM.
9. Officers. A President, Vice-President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting after being proposed and seconded and indicating their consent. Nominations for these offices must be sent to the. Secretary at least 21 days prior to the Annual General Meeting together with the proposers and seconder’s names and membership number’s duly signed by both.
10. The Committee.
(a) The Annual General Meeting shall also elect a Fish Recorder, Tarka swims manager, Coarse Match Secretary, Boat Section Secretary, Game Section secretary and Karen’s lake Secretary and also a webmaster. These and up to Six Fishing Members Male or Female shall be Members of the Committee.
(b) The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to two Members and may, at their discretion, invite any person, whether member or not, to attend any Committee Meeting.
(c) The Members of the Committee shall retire from office at the Annual General Meeting but shall be eligible for re-election together with any other candidates proposed and seconded and indicating their consent to stand for election.
(d) Every Adult Fishing Member Male or Female, Life Member and Honorary Member shall be entitled to vote for as many candidates as there are vacancies to be filled, and in the case of two or more candidates receiving an equal number of votes the Chairman of the Meeting shall have a second and casting vote.
(e) The Committee shall meet at least once a month to examine the accounts and arrange the affairs of the Club. Each meeting will require a minimum of seven committee members present to form a quorate meeting or 40%. The meeting will be chaired by the Chairman of the club, or the next available senior committee member in his absence. Minutes shall be taken of every meeting, and kept in order by the club secretary.
(f) A Member of the committee may resign his or her post at any time by suitable notice in writing to the main committee. All resignations will be dealt with under its own merits, and a hand over of information will be carried out prior to full resignation.
(a) The Byelaws set out in the Appendix to these Rules and any Byelaws made under paragraph (b) shall be binding upon Members until repealed by Committee or by resolution of a General Meeting, subject to any amendment made under paragraph (b) of this Rule.
(b) The Committee shall from time-to-time repeal or amend all such Byelaws as they deem expedient (provided that they shall not be inconsistent with these Rules) to take effect unless set aside at a General Meeting.
12. The Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting of the Club shall be held in the month of November each year to receive and consider the audited account and the annual balance sheet prepared by the Treasurer and Auditors. To elect the Officers and Committee and to decide on any resolution submitted by the Committee or under Rule 15.
13. Special General Meeting. A Special General Meeting may be held at any time that the Committee shall determine, and the Committee shall call a Special General Meeting upon the requisition in writing of any six Fishing Members for a purpose stated in the requisition and upon receipt of a such requisition, the Committee shall call the meeting within forty days of receipt of the same by the Secretary.
14. Notices of General Meetings and Resolutions.
(a) Notice of the date, time and place of every General Meeting, stating the last day for submitting resolutions, shall be published in the local press, and or social media at least thirty days before the date of the Meeting.
(b) Notice of any resolution to be moved at a General Meeting unless recommended by the Committee shall be submitted in writing to the Secretary at least twenty-one days before the meeting duly signed by the proposer and seconder who must be fishing Members. Any such resolution unless withdrawn, shall be included in the business of the meeting.
15. Proceedings at General Meetings.
(a) Thirty-five members (not including juniors) shall form a quorum at any General Meeting.
(b) At every General Meeting, the President or, in his absence, the Vice-President or in the absence of both, the next available senior committee member shall be invited to take the Chair. All fishing members present shall be entitled to vote, in the event of a tied vote the Chairman of the meeting shall have a second or casting vote.
(c) A majority of all members present and voting shall carry any motion or resolution (see rule 14) however, no club rule may be, repealed or amended on a vote of less than two-thirds of the voting Members present.
(a) The Committee shall be the sole authority of the interpretation of the Club Rules and Byelaws, and the decision of the Committee upon any question of interpretation or any matter affecting the Club not provided for by the Rules and Byelaws shall be final and binding upon the Members.
(b) In the Club Rules and Byelaws, where the correct permits, the words importing the masculine shall include the feminine and the words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa.
“Any points that are not covered by the above set of rules will be dealt with by the elected committee incumbent at the time whose decision will be final”.
Work parties. Anyone attending work parties at the lake site must adhere to the relevant risk assessments and guidelines.
21st July 2022.
BDAC Disciplinary Procedure
If at any time any member of the club including any fishing member, bailiff or committee member wishes to make any complaint about the conduct of any other member, they should in the first instance contact the secretary of the club on (email@example.com) The Secretary shall then as soon as practicably possible contact the committee to establish whether a disciplinary meeting needs to be held, if it is thought that a meeting should be held, then the chairman shall call one within 10 days
If the situation is deemed serious enough, the accused person, can at the committee’s discretion, be temporarily suspended before the disciplinary meeting is held.
The person making the complaint and the accused should be invited to the meeting to give their respective version of events.
Any sanctions imposed by the committee shall be put in writing to the accused, within a week of the decision, these sanctions can vary from a verbal warning, suspension of membership to a life ban, as seen fit by the committee.
The accused may appeal within a week if any new evidence becomes available.
21st July 2022